The Love Blanket
loveliveshereOX: the love blanket is ideal as a gentle lightweight cover for your bed ensemble or finishing touch folded at the end of your bed.
the love blanket
the love blanket
the beautiful story is this: i have had this blanket for fifteen years and tracked down the source, so i could share the luxury with you. this hand woven jewel graces my own bed. it has a very calming feel to it. i can just imagine the tender loving care which went into the entire process of its assembly: the sheering of the sheep. the wool to yarn to dye to loom to embroidery to its travels from kashmir india to new york. a long loving journey. if a blanket was a magic carpet this would be pretty close.
so, here is the love blanket in ivory—entirely handmade with white thread embroidery in a traditional indian pattern.
the love blanket is ideal as a gentle lightweight cover for your bed ensemble or finishing touch folded at the end of your bed.
- woven especially for loveliveshereOX.
- features: this herringbone weave is made from fine combed ivory wool with white embroidery. a generous fringe caps-off 2 sides of the blanket with a beautiful inset of trellis thread pulling artistry.
- generous king size accommodating all bed sizes.
- each blanket comes in a cotton envelope.
- spot clean and dry clean only.
i have a saying, kindness never goes out of fashion and neither does quality. i am grateful to the artisans who made these blankets for us and to the lovely woman who helped me make this happen. the dedication to traditions like the ancient art of weaving in the indian culture is very inspiring, thousands of years still going strong.